Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

Inspiring Young Voices Welcomes New Chief Officer Sandra Brown

25th April 2022

Photograph of Inspiring Young Voices Welcomes New Chief Officer Sandra Brown

Highland charity Inspiring Young Voices has welcomed Sandra Brown to the newly created post of Chief Officer.

Inspiring Young Voices, which was formerly known as Highland Children & Young People's Forum, works to enable children and young people with additional support needs to take control of their lives by promoting their rights, supporting their participation and empowering them to have a greater say in decisions that affect their lives

Sandra has over 30 years' experience supporting people of all ages and backgrounds to speak out and remove barriers to participation in society, including 15 years as a manager in the third sector. She has most recently worked for Age Scotland as a Dementia Training Co-ordinator, and previously worked for the Eden Project.

Norman MacAskill, Chair of Inspiring Young Voices, said:"With a change of name, a renewed vision and strategic plan and a range of new projects, Inspiring Young Voices is entering an exciting new phase and we are thrilled to have Sandra joining us to lead our work and build the success of our powerful wee charity.

"She brings an amazing range of experience and skills, as well as great energy and ability, and she has shown a deep understanding of the values that drive our work on behalf of children and young people."

Sandra Brown said:"I am hugely excited - and honoured - to be part of this small but mighty organisation.

“For the past 15 years I have worked in the third sector in Scotland trying to ensure that those people in our communities who face barriers have their voices clearly heard by decision makers.

“When it comes to ensuring the participation of children and young people with additional support needs, Inspiring Young Voices are unparalleled pioneers and I couldn't be more delighted to have the opportunity to join the team in building on almost 20 years of trailblazing work.

“I feel incredibly fortunate to be coming into the organisation at a time when the relentless work of the staff and Board - including the wonderful Gillian Newman who has recently retired - in recent years means that our foundations are solid and we can look to the future with optimism, ready to support children and young people even more widely to speak out and be listened to."

PHOTO
Sandra Brown with charity treasurer Jim Gilzean