Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

Wild North Photography Competition - Closes 1st August 2014

23rd March 2014

Photograph of Wild North Photography Competition - Closes 1st August 2014

The North Highland Initiative are pleased to present The Wild North Festival Photography Competition.

Good afternoon! My name is Kenneth McElroy, and I am the new Wild North Project Coordinator at the North Highland Initiative. I am not sure if you have heard of or have dealt with us before, but thought I would introduce myself and what I'm doing.

The Wild North Festival is a pilot tourism scheme that took place in 2012, and is due to take place again later this year. It's aim is to promote the natural and cultural heritage of the North Highlands, through a series of events and activities.

One such event this year is the Wild North Art and Photography Competition. The art competition is being pursued through Primary Schools; whilst teenagers and adults may take part in the photography competition!

Using the north Highlands as your inspiration, we hope you capture some stunning images, which reflect the beauty and uniqueness of the region. The themes are as follows:

12-17 age group - "Reflections of the Past"

18+ age group - "Up Close and Personal"

Winning entries are picked by a panel of professional judges, and winners will be presented with special prizes at a glitzy awards ceremony.

The competition is open to all amateur photographers - defined as those whose main income does not come from photography.

Entries to be sent to kenneth[AT]north-highlands.co.uk

Entries to be of 'Print Quality'

Competition closes 1st August at 5pm.

We look forward to seeing your snaps!

For more info, like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/WildNorthFestival