Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

New website - Proudly Supporting Those Who Serve

24th January 2019

Photograph of New website - Proudly Supporting Those Who Serve

A new website was launched today (Thursday 24 January 2019) in Highland at Highland Council Council's headquarters which aims to support members of the Armed Forces community in Moray and Highland.

Convener of The Highland Council, Cllr Bill Lobban welcomed the launch of the website www.armedforcesmorayandhighland.co.uk/ which was created by Highland and Moray Councils.

He said: "This new resource has been created under the partnership of the Armed Forces Covenant which both Highland and Moray Councils are signed up to and it is a great example of the commitment we are showing to support our Armed Forces Communities."

Jo Lenihan, Armed Forces Covenant Project Officer for Moray and Highland explained: "The website has been created to support all members of the Armed Forces community whether they are regular, reserve, ex-service or forces families under the principles of the Armed Forces Covenant. It provides a source of information in one place to help service men, women and their families whether they are moving there for the first time or are already settled in the area."

Information provided on the website includes local services and the assistance available to the armed forces community including schools and learning, employment and training, money and financial advice, health and wellbeing and housing.

Cllr Roddy Balfour, Armed Forces and Veterans' Champion welcomed the partnership involvement in the website, he said: "I am very pleased to see the specific advice and information provided for reservists and for their employers. And for service leavers, veterans and their families, local support groups in Moray and Highland are highlighted including Poppyscotland, the Veterans Welfare Service, Armed Services Advice Project, SSAFA and Unforgotten Forces."

Cllr Carolyn Caddick, a retired British Army Veteran and Honorary Colonel of 1st Battalion Highlanders Army Cadet Force, said: "I know from first-hand experience the difficulties of moving into a new area when you and your family are posted or relocating after leaving the forces. I am particularly pleased to see the information provided in the website about living, working and moving to the north of Scotland."

She added: I am also pleased to see the section on cadets which is aimed at our young people and all the fantastic opportunities they can find in the area through the sea, army, and air and combined forces cadets.”

The website can be viewed at www.armedforcesmorayandhighland.co.uk/