Change is Good - improvements to Tesco Bags of Help funding
31st March 2017
Do you think you know what Tesco Bags of Help funds? Read on as the Bags of Help team have been listening to applicants, customers and Tesco colleague feedback and we've made some immediate improvements:
· Apply anytime for projects that bring benefits to the community
· Projects can be outdoor or indoor improvements, activities and equipment purchases
· Apply for capital and revenue funding between £1000 and £4000
· Simpler online application process
· Community groups, schools, charities, local authorities and not for profits can all apply
· You can apply again for a different project at any time
To ensure that the programme is really local the number of projects funded every two months has been increased. We still fund projects that improve or encourage the use of outdoor spaces such as allotments and community gardens. But now grants can also fund buying items such as sports kits, camping equipment, spades, litter pickers or specialised medical equipment and improvements to community buildings.
Following a public vote in Tesco stores every two months, three projects in each of the local Tesco store areas will receive a grant, with first place receiving up to £4000, second place up to £2000 and third place £1000. For information on how to apply please click http://bit.ly/bagsofhelp4
Please get in touch if you need support or advice when submitting your application. Sign up to our e-bulletin using the link in my signature to keep up to date with Tesco Bags of Help and other greenspace news.
greenspace scotland - transforming urban spaces into people places
greenspace scotland | Jubilee House | Forthside Way | Stirling | FK8 1QZ | Tel: 01786 849 757
Tesco Bags of Help community greenspace grants up to £4K - always open for applications and funding activities and physical improvements. More info here http://bit.ly/bagsofhelp4