Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

THURSO AND SCRABSTER COUNCILLOR SUPPORTS POST BOX PETITION

22nd April 2015

Photograph of THURSO AND SCRABSTER COUNCILLOR SUPPORTS POST BOX PETITION

Roger Saxon, Labour Councillor for Thurso and Scrabster ward, has backed a petition started by a local person calling for a post box outside the Tesco in Thurso.

The petition was started two weeks ago by local person Mike Lunan and calls for Royal Mail to erect a new post box outside the Tesco. On the petition, Mr Lunan reports that he had success in past in getting a post box in a rural location. Councillor Saxon fully supports Mr Lunan's efforts to get the new post box and is calling for all local people to show their support by signing it.

Commenting on the petition, Councillor Saxon said: "I fully support the efforts of Mr Lunan in getting a new post box at the Thurso Tesco. Local people from Thurso and the surrounding area all use Tesco on a regular basis and having a post box there will make life easier for them. I will be getting in contact with the Royal Mail to see what can be done about it and being able to point to a petition showing a strong public feeling will prove useful so I am asking as many local people as possible to sign it."

Mr Lunan's petition can be found here:
https://www.change.org/p/royal-mail-install-a-post-box-outside-tesco-in-thurso