Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

Rhoda Grant MSP signs up to HI-Scot Credit Union

14th February 2015

Photograph of Rhoda Grant MSP signs up to HI-Scot Credit Union

Rhoda Grant MSP signs up as a member of HI-Scot Isles Credit Union, the financial co-operative which serves the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.

Based in Stornoway on the Isle of Lewis, HI-Scot has been serving the Western Isles of Scotland since 2006. In 2010, the organisation extended its reach to cover the Highlands and Islands and now serves an area larger than Belgium.

HI-Scot offers its members a range of savings and loan products and, as the Credit Union is a member run and owned co-operative, all money is used for the benefit of its members - not for the benefit of external shareholders.

Rhoda Grant said ‘I have been planning to join HI-Scot for ages, but as my old car cannot last forever I decided that I had better join sooner rather than later! HI-Scot is the biggest Credit Union in our area and offers a valuable role in providing an alternative for saving and borrowing to the big banks who have shown that they have the interests of their shareholders, rather than their customers, at heart. Credit Unions are owned by those who save and borrow and are run for their benefit. HI-Scot has gone from strength to strength since it started out and continues to provide a valuable service to its wider community.'

David Mackay, General Manager said ‘I am delighted that Rhoda has decided to join thousands of other residents from across the Highlands and Islands and become a member of HI-Scot. Anyone who lives or works in the Highlands and Islands is entitled to join and take advantage of excellent returns on savings as well as competitive rates on loans'.

For further information HI-Scot can be contacted on 01851 701865.

Web site - www.hi-scot.com/