Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

Labour Candidate Backs John O'Groat Journal SOS Campaign

2nd February 2015

Photograph of Labour Candidate Backs John O'Groat Journal SOS Campaign

Scottish Labour Candidate Backs John O'Groat Journal SOS Campaign

John Erskine, the Scottish Labour candidate for Caithness, Sutherland and Easter Ross gave his backing to the John O'Groat Journal SOS (Save Our Surgeons) campaign over the weekend whilst campaigning in Caithness.

Commenting Mr Erskine said,"Speaking to local people in Wick and Thurso on the doorstep, the future of Caithness General was one of the top issues that is raised with me time and time again.

"There have been moves to counter the problem of providing surgical cover in recent weeks which I support. For example plans to hire a Wick based surgeon who can cover the Highlands is an important step forward in providing innovative strategies to support local healthcare wishes.

"The redesign of services is important and the public must make their voices heard, the John O'Groat Journal SOS campaign and the local petition is playing its part in that, helping boost engagement which is something I am happy to support."