Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

Double award success for Caithness student

16th July 2014

Photograph of Double award success for Caithness student

A student from Halkirk in Caithness has been awarded two prestigious accolades at Queen Margaret University's recent graduation ceremony in Edinburgh.

22 year old student, Louise Jean Thoms, was presented with the FujiFilm Medical Systems Award for Academic Excellence. The Award is presented to a final year student who has achieved the highest marks within the entire radiography division.

Louise was also presented with the Society and College of Radiographers Professional Award for Academic Achievement for having received the highest overall marks in her Therapeutic Radiography class.

Louise, who graduated from Queen Margaret University earlier this month with a first class BSc (Hons) Therapeutic Radiography, was presented with her award by Anne Laurie, Programme Leader and Clinical Co-ordinator for Therapeutic Radiography at QMU.

Louise got engaged to her fiance, James Ferguson earlier this year and plans to get married in June 2015. The future Mr & Mrs Ferguson plan to make their home in Cumbria.

Commenting on her award from QMU, Louise said: "I feel very honoured to have received these two awards. During my time at QMU I've achieved a lot, over and above my degree, as well as having gained many new experiences.

"I’m very grateful to QMU for providing such a good range of opportunities to compliment my studies. I now hope to reach my full potential as a radiotherapist in the future."