Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

North Highland Initiative Team Walks, Runs & Cycles For Befriending Caithness

6th June 2014

Photograph of North Highland Initiative Team Walks, Runs & Cycles For Befriending Caithness

"The North Highland Initiative (NHI) team and their family and friends completed a 32 mile relay from the Castle of Mey to Wick via Thurso last Saturday the 29th of May in order to raise money for local charity Befriending Caithness. The relay took just over 5 hours and was completed through a combination of walking, cycling and running which was shared between the team. Starting at the Castle of Mey was a deliberate choice due to the long-running connections between NHI and the Castle of Mey with their product initiative; Mey Selections.

This is the second year that NHI has decided to support Befriending Caithness, following on from a highly successful first year where a total of over £2400 was raised. In addition to the relay, the team also held a movie quiz in Thurso Cinema and Bar in April, and also hope to run a prize bingo event later this year to raise more money. Angie House, Befriending Caithness Co-ordinator, said, "I cannot thank NHI enough, it is so good of them and I am so pleased that the weather was good. It never ceases to amaze me how energetic, and committed NHI is when they take on a project such as ours."
NHI would like to thank Coreen at Caithness Rural Transport who kindly provided a mini bus for the day. “

To find out more about NHI please visit www.north-highlands.co.uk
and to find out more about Befriending Caithness then ‘like' them on Facebook at www.facebook.com/befriendingcaithnessvolunteers