Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

COUNCILLOR LAUNCHES NEW 'COMMUNITY SURVEY'

8th June 2013

Photograph of COUNCILLOR LAUNCHES NEW 'COMMUNITY SURVEY'

MACLEOD TO LISTEN TO PEOPLE, NOT POLITICIANS

A Far North councillor is to deliver thousands of community surveys in a bid to gather the views of Caithness residents on issues that matter to them.

Landward Caithness councillor Alex MacLeod has launched the new survey, which features 12 questions in all and asks local people about issues from the 'Bedroom Tax' to social media.

The nationalist councillor has said he launched the survey to 'take the pulse of the county' a year after taking office. It is hoped that responses gathered will be used to inform Mr MacLeod's work on the Council.

"I was elected to listen to the people, not politicians," he said.

"This new survey is designed to take the pulse of the county, something we councillors ought to do a whole lot more often.

"I have asked a number of very specific questions to help me tailor my work over the coming years, and improve the way I get in touch with my constituents about issues which matter to them.

"Over the coming months, I will be delivering these survey to thousands of households in the county. I would urge local folk to help me out by completing their survey and sending it back to me. That way, I can set my priorities for the Council in accordance with those of folk who live and work here.

"My message is loud and clear: if it matters to you, then it matters to me. My door is wide open to local comments and suggestions."

THE SURVEY