Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

joembutherunningman Will Soon Be In Caithness - Can You Help?

13th May 2013

Photograph of joembutherunningman Will Soon Be In Caithness - Can You Help?

Message Received at Caithness.org About Joe Mbu who is walking and running for a special charity in Nigeria.

"He has been running since Good Friday 29th March and as he has insisted on doing this without a support team, I am sad he could finish this alone - so... I am looking to recruit some running and rugby fans to run with him the last 4 miles from Freswick to John O'Groats!!! Please please please could you give Joe a warm Caithness welcome and run or cycle with him to the end"

Bill Fernie was on his way to meetings at Highland council headquarters and stopped on his way home on Tuesday 14th May to speak to Joe briefly and to offer him a bed on Thursday evening. He would like to find someone to put him up in Lybster on Wednesday evening if anyone can do this.

About Joe's marathon fund raiser
The Running Man - AKA Joseph Mbu http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joseph_Mbu
has had an interesting life as a professional rugby player (Bath, Wasps, Harlequins), however in the last year he has chosen to take time out to restore his Grandfather's maternity hospital the Joedy Memorial Hospital in Nigeria, which is needing a lot of restoration.

And so... Joe Mbu - The Running Man
http://joembutherunningman.wordpress.com
began his training and on March 29th he left Lands End on his mission to John O'Groats to raise money for this wonderful cause. You'll find his blog very entertaining reading and his personality really comes across.

Joe is lucky to have a large 'rugby family' which he can depend on for support in key cities, however he knows very few people in Scotland. As he is running this alone, I am keen to help him stay motivated each day and a good night's sleep is so helpful to his performance. He is a disciplined runner and is up early in the morning to begin his next 25 miles a day.

Please contact me by email if you feel you can help at all or you can call me on 07779 287284. - Katy.Weddell[AT]hotmail.co.uk