Home Visiting Volunteers – Home-Start Caithness
9th May 2013
Are you a parent?
Could you be a good role model for parents who are struggling with their young children?
Do you have a couple of hours a week to spare?
If so, we would love to hear from you!
What’s in it for you?...
* Training & Development. You will complete a thorough Volunteer Preparation Course which will ensure that you are fully equipped for the role before you get started. You will then have access to ongoing training which will provide you with skills which are transferable to future employment and everyday life.
* Being part of a team. Our volunteers regularly talk about the value of having a peer group of like minded people.
* Confidence. Seeing the impact that your help can have on other’s lives is incredibly rewarding and the ‘feel good factor’ of giving something back should not be underestimated.
About Home-Start Caithness
Home-Start Caithness works towards the increased confidence and independence of the family by:
- offering support, friendship and practical assistance
- visiting families in their own homes, where the dignity and identity of each individual can be respected and protected
- reassuring parents that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual and encouraging enjoyment in family life
- developing a relationship with the family in which time can be shared and understanding can be developed; the approach is flexible to take account of different needs
- encouraging the parents’ strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their own children
- encouraging families to widen their network of relationships and to use effectively the support and services available within the community.
There is no rule book to raising a family and sometimes it can seem overwhelming, particularly if your family is going through difficult times. But, if you can get the support you need when you need it, then day-to-day family life and your children's future, can be so much brighter.
Home-Start believes that children need a happy and secure childhood and that parents play the key role in giving their children a good start in life and helping them achieve their full potential.
Home-Start volunteers visit families at home each week, supporting parents in situations as diverse as isolation, bereavement, multiple births, illness, disability or who are just finding parenting a struggle. They provide non-judgemental practical and emotional support and help build the family’s confidence and ability to cope.
For more information, please speak to Rachel or Dorothy on 01955 609163, or leave a message and they will get back to you.