Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

A Letter From Landward Caithness Labour Candidate David Baron

22nd April 2013

Photograph of A Letter From Landward Caithness Labour Candidate David Baron

Dear Voters,

I am ambitious for Landward Caithness. I want to work with local farmers and businesses to establish a local market where they can sell their products. It will boost their businesses and our economy. I want to ensure that Caithness is one of the first areas to get upgraded to fibre broadband. I want to help create a real tourism strategy that takes advantage of our excellent facilities and our fantastic natural sights. I will fight with you to prevent cuts to our local services.

In asking for your vote, I offer my experience. I spent 30 years in education. I have seen first-hand how a good education can make a real difference to the life of a child. That is why I gave an absolute commitment that I will never support a cut to the hours that pupils are taught. I am also committed to fight any attempt to close rural schools. Communities are built around local schools. Local schools make lives easier for working parents as they are nearby while they provide local groups with useable facilities. That is why as a chair of a rural school board, I fought to ensure my school, which consisted of 60 pupils, stayed open. It is still open today.

Alongside my experience in education, I spent 17 years as a councillor. I helped manage budgets and considered planning applications. I was part of an administration that created good homes and well-paying jobs. I was part of an administration that refurbished schools and improved roads. I will put this experience at your disposal.

By voting for me you will be voting for a strong voice that will fight for you in both the area committee and in Inverness. By voting for me, you will be voting for a voice of experience.

Yours sincerely,

David Baron
Holly Tree Cottage
Bridge St
Halkirk
KW126YG
Email: bssn[AT]btinternet.com