Caithness Map :: Links to Site Map Great value Unlimited Broadband from an award winning provider  

Independent Candidate For Caithness Landward Gillian Goghill Introductory Letter

19th April 2013

Photograph of Independent Candidate For Caithness Landward Gillian Goghill Introductory Letter

Landward Independent Candidate for Caithness Landward Election - 2nd MAY2013
Balnahard Farm
Harpsdale
Halkirk
KW12 6UN
01847 831608
coghill[AT]balnahardfarm.co.uk
www.balnahardfarm.co.uk

Dear Caithness Landward resident
I would be grateful for two minutes of your time in order that I may explain why I am standing for Local Elections to represent Landward.

I have lived in Halkirk for my entire adult life. My mother and father farmed at Skinnet and my father was the local gym teacher (Alex Brooks) in the rural schools around Caithness. I have been involved in local farming first at Dirlot and now run the farm at Balnahard along with my husband. My two children were born here and were both educated in local schools.

I believe it is important for an area to be represented by a local person. I have been an active community councillor in Halkirk for the past six years and have endeavoured to serve with honesty and integrity. I have been involved in many campaigns important to the people of the area, including the fight to keep the Dunbar Hospital open.

Recently I was elected as the Halkirk chairperson and have been busy trying to run a fair and open council taking on board all the local issues, and addressing them as best I can. I am standing as an Independent candidate as I believe the council should not be political and all the councillors should be working together for the good of their communities.

I hope to represent you in Inverness as I have done in Halkirk with a sense of fairness and open mindedness. We have issues that must be addressed and they are keeping local schools open as when they close the local community dies too. Young families keep communities alive and are our future.

Rural areas have to work together in harmony as we are so remote. Good transport links are important. The rundown of Dounreay is a worry to us all, we have to find ways of absorbing the job losses and finding new ways to keep jobs up here and keep our area vibrant.

I hope you will give me your support to be elected as the Landward Independent candidate at the forthcoming Local Election on 2nd May 2013.

Gillian